CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 23, 2006

Christmas Cards Already?

I've started working on some of my Christmas cards. These are both cards I CASED from SCS. I love all the ideas I find on there. The first card I made using the Lovely as a Tree set. This is a set that I have always wanted but it is one of those that always got bumped off the order list. Do you have any of those sets? Ones that you really want but something better always comes along and takes the place of the other? Anyways, I used brocade blue, night of navy, silver, and glossy white paper. I stamped the tree using old olive. I used a white crayon to color the "snow" on the tree. Then I used the brocade blue reinker to add the blue color to the glossy paper. I didn't achieve the exact look I was going for so I still need to play around with it. However, I did want to do some Christmas cards with non-traditional colors so this is what I'm going with.
The second card is so cute, or at least I think. It was a little more of a pain because of all the masking. The colors I used were real red, garden green, and white. I used the snowman from Tags & More, the tree from Loads of Love, Itty Bitty Background, and Small Script. First of all I cut out a circle of white cardstock and stamped the snowman in black. Then I stamped him on a post it note, cut it out, and stuck it over the snowman image stamped on the paper. I stamped the trees around the snowman to make it look like he was standing in front of the trees. Then I used WCC to color the images. I also put Liquid App. across the bottom and heated it up from the back to get the puffy snow look on the bottom. Of course I added glitter. I love adding glitter to all my projects in some form or fashion. I only made one of these but I'm so happy with the way it turned out that I will for sure be making more.
Images © Stampin’ Up! ® 1990-2006

No comments: