CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sucker Cards

I have seen so many of these cute little sucker cards and I just had to make one. I went and bought some sucker sticks instead of putting a real sucker on it so it wouldn't be too heavy to mail. I am thinking about making these as Valentine cards so I didn't want them to weigh too much. I just love this new designer paper from the SU Winter mini. I used the only circle punch I had to punch out the "sucker." I wish I had one that was a little smaller but I can't cut a straight circle so I just went with it.

I was also at a loss on what kind of adhesive to use to keep that little stick glued down to the paper. So, I decided to give my new UHU sample a try. I used the twist & glue. I put a little on the stick to glue the "sucker" on and I also used it to glue it to the page. I love the way you have the option to use a little tip to apply the glue or you can open it all the way to have a big flat tip. Of course I used the little tip for this project. It is in the process of drying right now but I'll let you know if it stuck. I live in the south and I have a hard time finding things that will stay stuck in this humidity.

I also made another sucker card but I think something is missing from this card. I feel like it needs something in the top right corner but what? Do you have any suggestions? I don't want it to be too much. I still want the sucker to be the focus but it looks a little bare.

I almost forgot to show you all what I got! My friend Trace gave me this cute little paper scrap vac! It is so cute. I used it tonight to vaccum all the little scraps and the pop up dot backs. Thanks Trace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable cards, very creative! Love the colors. That vac is sooo cute! I bet it comes in handy! Haven't tried that adhesive yet, but seen others have. Great job on the cards!

Michelle Clark said...

I love those cards. I haven't seen the sucker cards. I need everything in the new Winter Mini. I love the little vac, I have not seen that before