CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 03, 2007

More Papertreyink cards


I made several cards last night when I had a chance to play with my new stamps. I just love the new stamps!!! I really like how the lady bug body and wing color is a seperate stamp. I had to make a red and black card because I love the colors and I normally see red and black ladybugs. Although I have seen green ones, hmmm, maybe I could do some like that later!

Now this butterfly kisses card is soooooo not something I would normally make. I got some pattern paper that I wouldn't normally use to try to challenge myself to step outside my comfort zone. I'm normally into making "cute" stuff but this looks more, hmmmm, I'm not sure- maybe elegant? Who knows? But it is not the typical card I would make.
Now I think this one is a little more like my typical style. I used the Cuttlebug to dry emboss the cool carribean paper. I just love that little thing and I just don't use it enough! Then after I stamped everything I just had to add some glitter, which is typical for me. So I pulled out my glitter pen and traced all the swirls of the butterfly. If I had been thinking I would have just stamped it with Versamark and use my glitter embossing powder. But I don't tend to think that much ahead when I'm stamping!
I'll come back later today to post the blog candy winner! And I'll post a pic of the goodies!



2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous cards Michelle. i love those butterflies

Anonymous said...

Lady Bugs just make me smile. I wish my daughter would let me do her entire room in lady bugs and dragon flys...but she says she is way too old for that! Guess I'll just enjoy the cute cards you are turning out!

Lynn H.