CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sassy Stems

Sassy Stems is my favorite new set in this year's SU catalog. I haven't had that much time to sit down and play with it so I made a few cards with it tonight. Of course, neither of these are original ideas but I love the way they turned out anyway!


Can you tell I love to add black to cards? I think it gives these two an extra something. I wish I had the black organdy ribbon to go on the first card. It would probably look better if I could punch the holes straight to put the brads in. I just haven't gotten the hang of that yet, even with a straight edge.
I made this second card for a good friend of mine. I even doodled around the edges of the stamped image. I used Prisma color pencils to color this one. I have been having trouble with the black ink running when I use the WCC. The card I posted first looks great tonight. But when I go look at it tomorrow it could be a different story. If that happens I will take a picture so you can see what I'm talking about. I have been told to use Stazon but I always forget until after I start to color the image. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Until in the morning...
©Stampin’ Up!® 1990-2006

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love that top one - very nice!