CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 23, 2017

Kind Friend Watercolor Card

I had an idea for a card in my head and it worked out! After watching Jennifer McGuire's video (below) I had an idea for a card. I have only made one watercolored card but I had to try this. She made it look so easy so I gave it a try.


To start, I cut out watercolor paper using the Wonky Rectangles die from Simon Says Stamp. I also cut out a circle of watercolor paper with the SSS Stitched Circles. I wanted the flowers to look like they were coming from under the circle I had planned for the center of the card. I used my Misti to set it all up and I stamped Altenew Persian Motifs and embossed it with sliver pearl embossing powder.


I used my watercolors to color the flowers. I haven't used watercolors much at all but by painting in the water first, all I had to do was drop the color in. It spread out and was relaxing to watch. 


The hardest part was waiting for the watercolor to dry. While I waited, I cut out the word kind from navy cardstock using the Concord & 9th Kind card frame add-on. It leaves the end of the word attached but I just snipped it off to use on my circle. Then I cut a small banner and stamped Hearted Friend from Concord & 9th Kindhearted stamp set. I can't wait to use this set more (it is new) because it is so versatile. 


I added some dimension to the circle and banner with my roll of foam tape. This is my finished card. I'm so tickled with the way this one turned out! Thanks for taking the time to take a look at my card. 





No comments: