CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 12, 2007

Challenge from my Lil Sis- Collage Card


I guess by posting this I run the risk of my little sis discovering who I am but I was so excited about the card that I had to get some feedback from someone. I can't post it on SCS so HERE it is!
I am a big sis for Divine Secret Sisters on SCS where we send cards and goodies over a few months. I normally make a lot of "cute" cards and my lil sis isn't crazy about them. She says she likes to get them she just isn't in to making them. She really enjoys making collages but I normally have no luck with them. If I do make one it just looks like a pile of crazy things that don't go together and don't really seem to have a focus.
So today I get an e-mail for her. She is going to make a "cute" card because she said my cards have inspired her. And she challenged me to make a collage card. So, after reading her e-mail I went on SCS to look at other's collage cards to try to get some ideas. I don't really have a lot of stamps that lend themselves to collage but I gave it a shot. I pulled out an old favorite- Wonderful Wings. I figured if I could make a collage card it would be with that set and maybe some flowers. I didn't want to use any bright colors so I went with Sahara Sand and Brocade Blue. I stamped the butterfly with black Stazon and colored it with reinkers. Then I used bleach to bleach out some of the center of the butterfly. Then I played around with some of my patterned paper to see which colors went best and I added the blush strip of designer paper. I stamped grateful and added a frame on it. I left the edges out on the top and bottom to make it look a little shabby I guess. I distressed the edges of the butterfly and inked up the edges. Before I stuck it all down I decided to add some mesh along the left side and then the flowers were the finishing touch. What do you think? I want your honest opinion!!!! Should I add something else or it is a good collage the way it is?

3 comments:

Lynn H. said...

Awesome job Michelle! The butterfly actually looks real! The 3 flowers could probably use a center of some sort, maybe a brad or even a piece of paper for the hole punch??? I think your "lil sis" will be well pleased

Allison Rankin said...

This is great...I am sure she will love it!

Deborah said...

Great card~!! Very nice.