CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Breaking in Eat Cake & Wild About You

I have been at it again tonight. I came home and wasn't wiped out so I decided to make a few cards. I have a bunch of new stamps sets I bought with Christmas money and I haven't even used them yet! ---GASP--- I know, uninked stamps, it's not often you find those at my house!
Eat Cake is the first set I played around with. I stamped the cake a few times with a few different colors and then cut out the layers of the cake and stuck them in place. That gives the cake the layered color look I wanted without having the right markers to do it wth one stamp. I also used my Gelly Roll glitter pen to add flames to the candles. They are really sparkling!
Then I pulled out Wild About You and Seeing Spots. I found a card like this on SCS and I loved the simple look! So I had to copy it. This is non SU ribbon on the card. I bought it at Michael's last year and never used it.
I can't wait until the tax money comes in. I am going to buy me a new digital camera! Yippie! Maybe I will finally get some good photos with just one shot. It normally takes me 10 times and then I only get one shot I can use!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I LOVE the Eat Cake set. I need to get that one of these days!!! Beautiful job on the card. Your posts are so inspiring! Great job!
TFS

Lynn H. said...

I guess I'll be a blog stalker on your site...I love the cards you made today! The cake stamp would also be cute to use on scrapbook pages!