CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Sketch Challenge from Some Odd Girl

Reading Sketch Challenge

Today when they posted the sketch challenge over at Some Odd Girl I knew exactly what I was going to do! Yesterday I bought my first digi images from them and printed them out. I don't have a huge selection of Copics yet so shading colors is a bit difficult. So I pulled out my old colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I had forgotten how much I love images colored that way. You see, I can't stand to see color lines on anything I do and the mineral spirits just smooth that away.

I love this card more than anything I've made in a while! I also love the digi images! I could make them any size I wanted! I find that most of the images are the same size when I purchase stamps and I find that I use the same layout over and over. So this allowed me to play around a little! I did notice just a tiny bit of running of the black line but it was so tiny that it didn't make a big difference, just helped to add some shading. I'm anxious to use the printed images with my Copics and see what happens. I printed them out yesterday so when I use them the ink should be set in and I shouldn't have trouble with it running at all!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

This is such a sweet card, great job!

Leah l'Orange said...

this is fabulous, Michelle! your first time buying digis from us? well clearly it's a match made in heaven, because you made our Reading Mae look gorgeous! i love the simplistic approach to the sketch and that lone flower is a perfect little embellie. thanks so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl! :)

Annette Allen said...

your card is so pretty...lovely coloring and so glad that you have joined us at Some Odd Girl...

Arabella said...

This is gorgeous Michelle! Such pretty colours! I hope you have lots of fun with your new digis!

Thanks so much for joining our July Sketch challenge at Some Odd Girl!

Arabella

CraftyMomOf3 said...

This is beautiful Michelle!! Just a great job!!

Thanks for joining us Odd Girls for our challenge!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith