CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 26, 2017

First Attempt- Texture Paste

I have been learning about different textures you can use on your cards from scrapbook.com- Mixed Media Tips and Techniques for Beginners with May Flaum. Many of these were new to me because I normally just stamp, color, and put my card together. I ran up to Michael's and picked up a few things. I couldn't go crazy with supplies but I picked up a few I thought I would use.

The one I tried yesterday was whipped spackle. I used it was a palette knife and my Tim Holtz stencil set 5. I've become obsessed with stencils lately so I wanted to try my spackle with this one for a distressed look. I didn't put it on evenly because I wanted that worn look.


After the spackle dried I went to work putting my card together. I really didn't have any idea what I wanted to do before I started. I originally thought I would go with some flowers but (GASP!) I really only have 2-3 floral sets and none of them had the leaves I was looking for. I turned to YouTube for inspiration. Of course, I found it from Jennifer McGuire:



 I decided to go with the wet on wet watercolor look. I crossed my fingers and went for it. I misted my paper with water and then put watercolor on it, blue and green. Because I"m impatient and my idea was coming together, I dried it with my heat tool. Then I used some butterfly dies that came in a magazine my wonderful husband bought for me a few months ago when I was sick. I die cut them, coated them with Versamark, and coated them with silver pearl embossing powder. That was a little tricky but I figured it out.

I cut of the white CS for the sentiment using the Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner. I picked words from one of my favorite sets, SSS Uplifting Thought Among the Stars. I stamped it in Versamark and embossed with silver powder. Then I glued 3 different sized butterflies on the card front.  



This was not my typical card, but I'm in love with it! Thanks so much for looking at my card today.

No comments: